March 26, 2017

4th Sunday in Lent

Celebration!

   Old Buttonwood Hall

   9:00 a.m.

Traditional Worship

   Sanctuary

   J. S. Bach's Cantata 126

   11 a.m.  

   Rev. Jesse Garner

 

 

 

Lenten Wednesdays

Mar 8 - Apr 5

6:30 - 8:20 pm


Maundy Thursday

April 13

7:00 pm

 

Good Friday

April 14

12 noon - 3 pm

 

Easter

7, 9, 11 am

Annual Giving

Stewardship is far more than simply a matter of money.  Stewardship is the faithful use of all the gifts that have been entrusted to us by God, including our time, our talents, and yes, our money.  This is both a privilege and a responsibility.  Our ministry at First Church is possible only because so many people give so generously and faithfully of all these, including their financial gifts to the church.

The biggest source of funding for our ministry is the annual stewardship pledge campaign which provides approximately 60% of the total amount needed each year to support the church’s ministry.   Special gifts and income from our endowment provide the remaining 40%.  Each year, our budget is prepared by our Stewardship & Budget Committee with input from all committees and boards, approved by elected church leaders in the Session, and then carefully overseen throughout the year by our Trustees.  Complete financial information is readily available in our Annual Report.

We introduced the theme for Annual Giving as “Moving First Forward” in 2013; this theme continues to be relevant as we pledge for 2016. We believe the success of our 2011 capital campaign can serve as a springboard for imagining what else our church might accomplish.  What might our future hold?  What new mission and ministry might be on our horizon?

Why pledge?  

By pledging, we commit our support to Moving First Forward, to the missions and programs that are a vital part of the life of our church and our connection to the community.  Our pledges are also instrumental in the day-to-day life of the church, its ministries and its care.

Make a pledge to Annual Giving

Why give?

Read the thoughts of some of our members on why we give.

How do I give? 

You may give online via these links:

If you prefer not to give online, you may:

  • Make a check out to First Presbyterian Church and mail/deliver it to the Church Office.
  • Use your pledge envelopes for weekly, monthly, or quarterly donations to Annual Stewardship. You may place these in the offering plate or drop off at the Church Office.
  • Give a gift of stock. To do so, please contact Craig Boddorff, the Church Treasurer.